Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Term update

Man it been awhile since I posted on here! Well, I am just about to start classes for my MCSA and am going to test for my A+ certification so I've been busy studying. Other then that I have been fighting my Media Center PC. Its been randomly rebooting. Thought it might be an update issue, but wasn't. So, I tore it apart, cleaned it up, reinstalled a lot of stuff, uninstalled all the unneeded apps and what not, and it was still rebooting. Finally, I just wiped the hard drive and upgraded to Vista....still not sure if that was a good idea or not 'cause now I have a whole different set of problems :)

On the kid front, Noah is back in soccer now. I'm not sure how much he is enjoying himself. I suspect he would rather stay home and play video games or go out and play with friends. Kay-la is back home with us now. Seems to be that her time away from home was somewhat beneficial. Its been a week now and she willingly cleans up when asked, and often with out being asked at all.

I've been brewing a lot of beer for the last year or so and have been brewing "all grain" since the start of the year. All grain brewing is when you start with just malted wheat and barley, not using the syrupy malt extract. Takes a lot more time, but gives you a lot more control over the final project. About Oct of last year, I joined a newly formed brew club which has been a lot of fun. I've met a lot of fun people.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up on posting here. I've also decided to start a new beer related blog, Everyday Drinking, though so far haven't been able to post much, lol. My hope is that each weekend I can post there what I have been drinking (along with photos, description, availiblity, etc.), and write about the local beer scene and any beer related events coming up.

At this time I am planning on going to the Oregon Brewer's Festival, and Hop Madness, and my 30th birthday is just bout 6 months away. Expect to hear more details soon about the party to beat all parties!

No comments: